Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bring on the Cards!!

Ok, I am sure some or most of you all love receiving Christmas Cards... I DO!! I receive quite a few actually and love everyone of them. BUT, the last couple years I have run into a situation... where to display them for everyone to see... I would tape them to my wall in the dining room... Kind of a pain. So I saw this GREAT creation that a friend of mine's sister made... (Thanks Jess Newman!) and I decided that this year was my time for the Christmas Card holder... I made this myself with the "manly" parts (sawing, drilling and routering) done by my lovely husband... Ok, I painted and added the sticker :) I am so excited to fill it up!! Here are some pictures of the work in progress...



if you want step by step instructions you can go to Jess' Blog.. very descriptive (although you need to get 1" screws for the hanging kit, they don't come with it.. DAMN IKEA!) http://polkadots-pirates.blogspot.com/




On the left hand side of her site click on the link that says Christmas Card Holder.. it will bring you right to it!




PS, she does GREAT Party Decorations... Thanks Jess, I had to give credit where credit is due!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea! Brynn went to school with Jess Newman's son. I had no idea about her products, but glad I do now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I can't wait to have a birthday party so she can make the decorations!! PS, her son is where I fell in love with the name Tate!! The world is still small!

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2010. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs